Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP)
The Teacher Opportunity Program (TOP) offers tuition reimbursement grants to Arkansas teachers and administrators. Teachers and administrators may apply for reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses paid for up to six (6) college credit hours completed for each academic year, not to exceed $3000.
An applicant must:
- Be an Arkansas resident twelve (12) months prior to the application deadline;
- Be a citizen of the United States or permanent resident alien;
- Have and maintain a current teacher and/or administrator license with the Arkansas Department of Education;
- Be employed as a classroom teacher or administrator in Arkansas and declare intention to continue such employment in Arkansas;
- Be enrolled in an approved institution of higher education in Arkansas;
- Be enrolled in a college level course(s) directly related to employment;
- Have at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA in the course(s) funded by the TOP Reimbursement Grant during the application period.
- College transcript for the semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
- Itemized statement of charges for semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
- Copy of your paid receipt for the semester(s) you are seeking reimbursement
The amount awarded will be based on the tuition, mandatory fees, books, and required supplies paid by the applicant for six (6) college credit hours completed. Reimbursable fees are those required of all students. Costs such as graduation fees, late fees, car registration fees, and mileage are not reimbursable. Grants may not exceed the cost of the Arkansas public institution assessing the highest rate of tuition and mandatory fees or $3000, whichever is less.
If necessary, teachers taking courses in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computer science, literacy or reading, prekindergarten education, or special education will be given priority when awards are made.
- June 1, 2021 - Priority deadline - all documentation must be postmarked by June 1, 2021
- July 1, 2021 - Final deadline to apply
- July 15, 2021 - All documentation must be postmarked by July 15, 2021