Academic Challenge Scholarship
The Academic Challenge Program provides scholarships to Arkansas residents pursuing a higher education. Funded in large part by the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, the Academic Challenge Scholarship is available to students regardless of their academic status, whether just graduating from high school, currently enrolled in college, enrolling in college for the first time, or re-enrolling after a period of time out of college.
Scholarship Deadline to Apply:
June 15, 2017
2.5 College GPA if student has earned 12 or more hours; OR
19 ACT; OR
2.5 high school GPA if an AR high school graduate.
Documents Required:Separate, official transcript from each college attended.
Academic Challenge Award Amounts
|Year First Awarded||4 Year School||2 Year School|
|2013-14||$2000 (1st year)||$2000|
|2013-14||$3000 (2nd year)||$2000|
|2013-14||$4000 (3rd year)||$2000|
|2013-14||$5000 (4th year)||$2000|
|2016-17||$1000 (1st year)||$1000|
|2016-17||$4000 (2nd year)||$3000|
|2016-17||$4000 (3rd year)|
|2016-17||$5000 (4th year)|
Students who are initially awarded the Arkansas Challenge Scholarship for the 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 academic years will be awarded on a graduated schedule that is identical to 2013-2014.Overview > Rules and Regulations Application
Arkansas Future Grant (ArFuture)
Arkansas Future (ArFuture), is the newest state grant program. The purpose of this grant is to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’s workforce in an affordable manner. The grant applies to students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or regional high demand areas of study. The grant will cover tuition and fees for qualifying certificate and Associate degree programs at Arkansas’ public institutions for eligible students. The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis.
Scholarship Deadline to Apply:
July 01, 2017
An Applicant must:
- Have either graduated from an Arkansas public school, private school, home school or received high school equivalency diploma approved by the Department of Career Education; or
- Verify that he or she has resided within the state for the three (3) years immediately preceding application and has either:
- Graduated from an out-of-state high school, private school, home school or received a high school equivalency diploma approved by another state.
- Be enrolled part-time or full-time at an approved institution of higher education in a program of study that leads to an associate degree or a certification in a STEM or regional high demand field.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Disclaimer: The laws, rules, regulations, award amounts, amount of awardees, eligibility criteria, funding per program, etc. are subject to change at any point prior to, during or after application through the YOUniversal application. These changes will be based on changes in law or funding provided by the Arkansas General Assembly. It is understood that ADHE is not at fault for any changes that occur to any financial aid program. In addition, awards for all ADHE programs are limited by the availability of funds.